Following our blog ‘Shared Interest – Lessons from 30 Years of Ethical Investment’ by Tim Morgan, Finance Director, Shared Interest, we have been contacted by Athena Addison, Digital Relations Consultant at 6XDMedia. It has been working with Compare the Market to produce an in-depth guide on ethical banking for businesses and consumers that would be if interest to readers of NIBE’s blog:
Over half (52%) of Brits say that carefully selecting where you invest your money is one of the best ways to protect the planet.
Our guide shares useful information such as:
- What ethical banking is, and how your banking choices can make a difference
- How to use organisations like The Good Egg and B Corporation to determine the most ethical banks
- The Ethical Company Index Score of the UK’s most popular banks
- The best ethical banking policies of 2021
- Ethical banking post-COVID-19
Here are just a handful of our findings:
- Some “green tier” banks with Ethical Company Index Scores above 90/100 include The Charity Bank (100) and Monzo (90).
- “Red tier” banks with scores below 50/100 include Barclays (35) and HSBC (35).
- 44% of consumers judge banks negatively when they don’t actively and transparently support the community.
- 39% of the UK think ethical investments are the best way to address issues like climate change and avoid future pandemics.
The guide can be found here: https://www.comparethemarket.com/current-accounts/content/ethical-banking/