Responsible for supporting marcomms and events.
Horts runs The Culture Vulture – a professional cultural adventurer & creative champion working across the creative, cultural, theatre and hospitality sectors. She’s super passionate about independent culture and creativity in the North and her business is all about shouting loud and proud about all the LUSH places, spaces, faces, events and projects across the region. She has an exciting portfolio of past, current and future clients and projects – alongside her own Culture Vulture led work including projects focused on the indie sector, young people, creative careers, mental health and work that engages particular audiences (LGBTQIA+, culturally disengaged, women etc).
She specialises in:
– Marketing – planning, implementation and evaluation or consultancy.
– Audience development consultant & specialist.
– Social media management – full channel management, content creation, real time content
management, crisis comms and audience growth.
– Social media consultancy, one to one support and group training,
– Creative and/or commercial event and activity programming and management.
– Arts and creative project management.
– Theatre tour management and producing.
Horts is known for her support and championing of the North East independent sector, small
businesses, young people and creative freelancers, alongside her advocacy of intersectional
feminism, LGBTQIA+ community and mental health. She runs an annual social media conference focusing on “influence” and is a Director at Thought Foundation, a social space in Birtley, Gateshead nurturing creativity, wellbeing, and learning through thoughtfully curated art, events, food, play spaces, work spaces and shop.