Our events are hosted by one of the NIBE stakeholder or partner organisations and are opportunities to meet with other people interested and concerned with business ethics. They are arranged at various locations throughout the North East, either directly or in partnership with others with the aim of sharing information on business ethics, discussing current dilemmas and sharing good practice.
Only one month’s events are shown at a time. Click left or right to view future or past events.
After the roaring success of our first event, we are pleased to announce the date of the second meeting of NIBE’s North East Ethical Business Network.
- Are you an SME Business in the North East of England?
- Do you want to meet with other like minded businesses who wish to grow as an ethical business, share best practice and promote responsible working practices?
- Are you interested in learning more and positively contributing towards the environment, ethical working practices and your local community?
- Then welcome to the North East Ethical Business Network!
What to expect:
At this event we will be focusing on ‘fair pay and the importance of paying your contractors on time‘.
So far we have an excellent line up with talks from:
- Seamus Smith: EVP of Global Payments & Banking at Sage and
- Simon Hanson from the Federation of Small Businesses.
There will also be an opportunity to network with the other participants and to discover how they are striving to be more ethical in their approach to business.
And a chosen charity for the evening who will showcase how they have benefited from working with local ethical business both big and small.
All funds raised will be split 50/50 between the chosen charity for the night and NIBE.
Tickets are available here
As part of the wider #CyberFest programme, we are delighted to bring you this business event hosted by Northumbria University and North East Initiative on Business Ethics at Hedley Suite in Sandyford Building, Northumbria University.
Theme: Not Equal, Corporate Social Responsibility, Cyber and ethics. Building security into business and dealing with the ethics of cyber as you grow.
You will hear from:
- Phil Jackman, Dynamo North East Cyber Lead
- Prof Pam Briggs – Northumbria University – ‘ Not Equal, Human centred cyber and social justice in the digital economy’
- Charlotte Windebank- If We Can You Can – ‘Making the North East an ethical place to do business’
- Caroline Theobald – North East Initiative on Business Ethics
- Paul Lancaster – Plan Digital
This event is free to attend and is aimed at startup businesses, academia, students and people with an interest in business ethics.
Tickets are available here.
For information on the full programme of events in September for #CyberFest – please click here
We look forward to seeing you there!
@NEBizEthics @NotEqualTech @DynamoNorthEast
#Business Ethics #CyberFest19